Please read the following legal notices carefully. Your use of this web site and associated services constitutes your agreement with the terms and conditions set forth below. These terms and conditions may be changed or updated at any time. You are responsible for reviewing them periodically for current information. Additional legal notices regarding specific products, services, as well as conditions, restrictions or disclosures may be described on “sub sites” within the RhodeIslandInsurance.com main web site.
I. PRIVACY STATEMENT
II. THE PROCESS
RhodeIslandInsurance.com is a leader in the marketplace for connecting consumers with insurance needs like yours to the Agents and Affiliates who can best serve you. RhodeIslandInsurance.com is not an insurance agency and does not provide quotes directly to consumers. Rather, RhodeIslandInsurance.com is a free matching service that instantly connects you with our network of quality Insurance Agents and Affiliates.
After you submit your quote request via this web site, RhodeIslandInsurance.com immediately matches you to local and national Agents and Affiliates who can meet your insurance needs. The matching Agents will use the information you provided in your quote request to generate and evaluate your insurance quote and contact you with the details. In some cases, RhodeIslandInsurance.com does not have a matching agent based on your location and insurance needs. In this event, your information may be passed to one of our Affiliates to ensure that you receive as many competitive quotes as possible.
RhodeIslandInsurance.com does not charge a fee to use our service. RhodeIslandInsurance.com is paid a fee by the Agents and Affiliates who purchase insurance quote leads, such as yours, through our service.
III. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Personal Information
The personal information that RhodeIslandInsurance.com, its Agents, and its Affiliates may collect includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the items listed below.
- Full Legal Name
- Postal address(s)
- Email address(s)
- Telephone Number(s)
- Fax Number(s)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number / FEIN
- Marital status
- Driving records
- Vehicles owned
- Credit reports
- Credit Card, Checking Account, or other Financial Institution account information
- Level of education
- Health history
- Insurance claim history
Based upon the information that you enter, we send it to matching Agents and Affiliates so they can generate accurate quotes for you.
IMPORTANT: NOTICE OF CONSUMER REPORT PRACTICES:
All proposed named insureds listed on quote applications must be made aware of the following:
In some cases, Agents, insurance companies and Affiliates may need to obtain additional background information about you. For example, consumer reports (including credit reports) may be ordered in connection with your insurance application. These reports provide information that may assist in determining your eligibility for insurance and the price you may be charged. Consumer reports may also be used for updates, renewals or extensions of this insurance. Insurance companies may also obtain and use a credit-based insurance score based on information contained in your credit report. Agents, insurance companies, and Affiliates may use a third party in connection with the development of your insurance score and rate quote. By providing the information described above in this paragraph through the RhodeIslandInsurance.com web site(s), you are giving your express consent to Agents, insurance companies, and Affiliates to obtain and use said information for the purposes set forth herein.
B. Technical Information
We may collect and track certain technical information to ensure that your consumer experience is a beneficial one, including by not limited to the following:
- Cookies – a cookie is a small file stored on a user’s computer that contains information about the user. We may use either session ID cookies (which terminate once a browser is closed) or persistent cookies (which are small text files stored on a user’s hard drive for an extended period of time). Cookies allow us to see how and when you use our sites, but they cannot be used to track personal information such as email address or phone number. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our sites which can speed up your future visits.
- Log files – RhodeIslandInsurance.com may use log files to track how our sites are being accesses and used. Log files track anonymous user information such as IP addresses, browser types, Internet service providers, referring and exit pages, platform type, date and time stamps, and number of clicks to, from, and within our sites.
- Information from Banner Ads – if you arrive at RhodeIslandInsurance.com through a banner ad or other Affiliate referral device, RhodeIslandInsurance.com may track where you arrived from, as well as clicks that might have impacted our servers.
- We may use clear GIF Tracking Pixels to track user movement through our web sites for aggregated site traffic measuring. In addition, some Affiliates may set such tracking pixels on our web site pages to track completed forms and requests referred by their web sites.
C. Survey Information
D. “Contact Us” Information
E. Third Party Information
F. No Information Collected From Children
RhodeIslandInsurance.com will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 18. If RhodeIslandInsurance.com obtains actual knowledge that it has collected such information, that information will be immediately destroyed and/or deleted from our databases. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. RhodeIslandInsurance.com has designed this express policy to comply with any applicable provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (”COPPA”) promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission (”FTC”).
G. Opt-Out Policy
As stated above, please understand that by providing personal information to RhodeIslandInsurance.com, you are giving your express consent for RhodeIslandInsurance.com, its Agents, and its Affiliates to contact you through electronic means, mail, wireless communications, SMS, facsimile or via telephone (even if your telephone number is registered on the so-called “Do Not Call” registry). Such consent remains fully intact until RhodeIslandInsurance.com receives written request by you to rescind such consent (e.g., an “opt out” notification). If you did not give such express consent, or if you would like to remove such express consent, you may send such notification to unsubscribe@RhodeIslandInsurance.com; or if by mail to the address printed above. If your consent to be contacted was originally sent via SMS, you may also submit written notification of cancellation of such consent via SMS by sending “STOP”, “END”, or “QUIT” to any SMS message you received directly from RhodeIslandInsurance.com. To ensure timely removal of consent, please provide all information that was originally provided to RhodeIslandInsurance.com by you and please allow RhodeIslandInsurance.com approximately ten (10) business days to process such request.
Please understand that this Opt-Out Policy impacts only future delivery of solicitations to you sent directly by RhodeIslandInsurance.com on its on behalf. You may still receive solicitations from third parties, and the personal information that you provided may still be shared with such third parties. By following this Opt-Out Policy, please understand that you will not automatically be unsubscribed from solicitations sent directly by any third parties, Agents, or Affiliates. Such third parties may maintain their own separate databases from ours, and you will need to contact them directly to unsubscribe from each source individually. This allows you the freedom to pick and choose which subscriptions to maintain and which to discontinue.
H. Email Solicitations
I. Wireless Communications
If the email address(s) you provide to RhodeIslandInsurance.com are wireless address(s), you agree to receive messages at such address(s) from RhodeIslandInsurance.com or Agents and Affiliates. You understand that your wireless carrier’s standard rates apply to these messages. You represent and warrant that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device(s) on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges associated therewith.
J. Short Message Service
IV. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. How We Share Your Information with Agents and Affiliates
When you submit a quote request to RhodeIslandInsurance.com, your information is used to match you with an average of five qualified, licensed agents who can best serve your insurance needs. In order to provide you with as many insurance options as possible, your information may also be transmitted to one of our Affiliates in an effort to ensure you receive as many competitive quotes as possible.
B. How We Use Technical Information Internally
C. How We Use Survey Information
RhodeIslandInsurance.com uses information from our consumer satisfaction survey(s) to better understand the consumer experience and improve our services and web sites.
D. Other Uses of Your Information By Third Parties
- Affiliates – The information from your quote request may be transmitted to one of our Affiliates. We feel it would be poor customer service to fail to provide a quote merely because no matching Agents are available. In these circumstances, we pass your quote request only to Affiliates that we have an existing contractual relationship. RhodeIslandInsurance.com only enters into Affiliate relationships with reputable companies and our contract requires they follow applicable laws and not misuse the data provided to them.
- Companies that perform information processing on our behalf – RhodeIslandInsurance.com may contract with companies who manage our email and data systems and conduct surveys on our behalf. Your personal information is shared with these companies on a limited basis-only to the extent necessary to perform such information processing on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement – RhodeIslandInsurance.com will share your personal information in response to law enforcement officers, government personnel, court order or subpoena. This information will only be shared in order to comply with a legal obligation, and only to the extent required by such law or court order or subpoena.
V. COMMUNICATIONS YOU CAN EXPECT
A. RhodeIslandInsurance.com Communications
You may expect to receive confirmation emails for submitted quote request(s), newsletters, surveys, follow-up telephone inquiries, telephone solicitations, direct mail solicitations, wireless solicitations, SMS solicitations, and facsimile solicitations and courtesy communications from RhodeIslandInsurance.com.
B. Agent Communications
C. Affiliate and Third Party Communications
VI. QUOTE REQUESTS
RhodeIslandInsurance.com is not an insurance agency. We are a free matching service that instantly connects you with our network of quality insurance Agents and Affiliates. After you submit your quote request via our web site, RhodeIslandInsurance.com immediately matches you to Agents and Affiliates and sends your information to them. This process happens instantly; therefore, there is not an opportunity for you to edit your original information after it’s been submitted. We recommend that you communicate the needed changes directly to the Agents and Affiliates with whom you were matched.
VII. CONTENT DISCLAIMER
RhodeIslandInsurance.com provides its web sites and the information provided therein as a service to its customers. The information and materials provided are provided for general information purposes and may not be relied on as a substitute for professional or legal advice. The views or opinions expressed by the authors included such information do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of RhodeIslandInsurance.com or its Agents and Affiliates. The information is not intended to create any legal relationship between RhodeIslandInsurance.com and the user. Neither the transmission nor receipt of these materials will constitute a legal relationship between the sender and the receiver. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. RhodeIslandInsurance.com makes no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information, or at any other web site to which the RhodeIslandInsurance.com web sites are linked. RhodeIslandInsurance.com also assumes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of materials contained in external sites to which links are provided to its web sites.
VIII. RESTRICTED AREAS
Certain areas of RhodeIslandInsurance.com, such as areas only available to our Agent and Affiliate network, may have additional or different terms and conditions than those addressed in this policy. If you access any of these areas, you should consult the privacy policies posted in those areas.
X. CALIFORNIA USER CONSUMER RIGHTS
In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3. California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit:www.ftc.gov.
XI. USE OF RhodeIslandInsurance.com WEB SITE(S)
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide to RhodeIslandInsurance.com is collected and stored in the United States and therefore consent to the transfer of information to and storage of the information in the United States, regardless of your country of domicile.
RhodeIslandInsurance.com reserves the right to disclose, transfer, or sell your personal information to companies who are affiliated with RhodeIslandInsurance.com in RhodeIslandInsurance.com’s sole discretion. If RhodeIslandInsurance.com changes ownership through, but not limited to, acquisition, merger, sale, or other change of business status, it reserves the right to transfer or assign the right to use your personal information.
By completing forms provided by RhodeIslandInsurance.com and providing personal information through RhodeIslandInsurance.com web sites, you hereby represent and warrant that:
- RhodeIslandInsurance.com may contact you using the information you provide.
- You are an actual person of at least 18 years of age, you have the right to provide the information you submit, and the information you submit is accurate, complete and truthful.